PARENTS GET ANXIOUS
It is safe to say parenting is one of the most anxiety-filled things someone can do. Everyone wants the best for their children, and it comes with a price, possibilities are endless on the ways things can go wrong. Parenting is a highly emotional experience with a lot of ups and downs. Parents get anxious because there is no handbook to tell us what’s right and what’s wrong. There are so many decisions we must make for our children’s parents to get anxious if their judgement is the best possible solution. We do not always have the answers and it’s easy to second guess ourselves.
Although we all have those gut feelings, we don’t always trust it. When we must make long-term decisions for our kids it can make us anxious. After all, we are just human beings, with our own faults, doubts, and fears. The quote “anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength”, shows us why we should let go of being anxious and let love in. It robs us of all our strength without actually taking away any of our problems, leaving us in a bigger mess. It is so easy to get wrapped up in all the different choices, from if they should have screen time to which high school they should go to and so much more. Don’t forget to take a breath and remember it’s okay to be ANXIOUS.
It may be harder said than done but be confident that you know your child’s needs and wants best. It’s easy to get wrapped up in all the different opinions but trusting your gut will never lead you astray. No matter what path they take they will end up being great leaders. No one is perfect, but if we want to instill in children that to be kind is to be brave, we ourselves must model the same behaviour and have faith in ourselves.
Today’s focus is on our wonderful parents. We encourage you to LET GO OF BEING ANXIOUS and LET LOVE IN!
Let us first begin with a brief understanding of what being anxious is and how it happens.
Anxious is experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
Being anxious can be caused by many different reasons, some of them are:
- Uncertainty of the future
- Being put into harm’s way
- Having to make a big decision
Now that we have seen what causes being anxious, we should move on to the part where we focus on how we can help let go of this heavy feeling. We need to keep our spirits high and not let this feeling bring us down. Following these steps below will help release the anxiety:
- FIND THE FOOT ISSUE – Sometimes our anxieties disguise themselves as something they are not. While you could be anxious about your kids, you could be taking it out in your work life. When we recognize the root of our anxieties, we can find proper solutions to ease our minds.
- INSPECT YOUR THOUGHTS- Just like we watch what we put in our bodies; we have to watch what we put into our minds. Inspect your thoughts and let go of all the negative thoughts. Write down all your anxieties regarding your children, then write down all the positive versions.
- TAKE A DEEP BREATH– sometimes all we need is more oxygen to the brain to help release our anxieties. When you slowly inhale and exhale you give your brain time to send a message to your body to be calm so you can logically think through the situation.
Thank you for being dedicated to letting a TREMENDOUS amount of LOVE OUT, so you can create amazing people for the future.
Whether you are a parent, grandparent, or guardian YOU ARE a testimony that your courage, love, and commitment to parenting is the gift we all need to thrive. On behalf of our family at IDareU2Bee.com, we thank you for who you are!
Visit us again soon for more FREE tips, tools, and resources to transform your parenting experience and build kind families and kind kids.