PARENTS GET SCARED
As kids we all thought our parents were fearless, some even thought they were superheroes. We may have thought it was easy for our parents to be superheroes but in reality, parents usually have the most fears. Everyone wants the best for their children, but possibilities are endless on the ways things can go wrong. Parenting is a highly emotional experience with a lot of ups and downs. Parents get scared because as much as we can instill good values into our children there is no guarantee how their life will turn out. As much as kids like to think their parents can do it all, parents do not have all the answers meaning they get scared too.
Parents are all just human beings, with their own faults, doubts, and fears. The pressure and uncertainty for what the future holds can make us scared. The quote “Scared is what you’re feeling. Brave is what you’re doing” shows us that it is okay to fear the unknown because as parents we are brave enough to face them. In the face of the unknown, we are teaching our children how to make good choices and be their best selves by instilling positive mindsets, and great values so the next generation can carry that into the world and spread kindness. With our busy modern-day lifestyle, It is so easy to get wrapped up in what could go wrong, and we forget to slow down and enjoy the present moment. We might even make ourselves wrong for worrying as much as we do. It is important, however, to remind ourselves that feeling scared is normal.
It may be harder said than done but be confident that you have taught your children the life skills like responsibility, confidence, self-respect, and a good work ethic for them to make good decisions when you’re not there. No matter what path they take they will end up being great leaders. No one is perfect, but if we want to instill in children that to be kind is to be brave, we ourselves must model the same behaviour and have faith in our children.
Today’s focus is on our wonderful parents. We encourage you to LET GO OF BEING SCARED and LET LOVE IN!
Let us first begin with a brief understanding of what being scared is and how it happens.
Scared is being in a state of fear, fright, or pain
Being scared can be caused by many different reasons, some of them are:
- Uncertainty of the future
- Being put into harm’s way
- Trying to protect the ones you love
Now that we have seen what causes being scared, we should move on to the part where we focus on how we can help let go of this heavy feeling. We need to keep our spirits high and not let this feeling bring us down. Following these steps below will help release the fear:
- Recognize what you are really scared of –Sometimes our fears disguise themselves as something they are not. When we recognize the root of our fears, we can find proper solutions to ease our minds.
- Turn the negatives into positives- Write down all your fears and then write down all the positive versions. Your children are starting a new school and you’re scared about bullies? Turn that fear into a positive, you can be happy your child is being exposed to new environments and the opportunity to make new friends.
- Take a deep breath– Sometimes all we need is more oxygen to the brain to remove that dark cloud of worry over our head. When you slowly inhale and exhale you give your brain time to send a message to your body to be calm so you can logically think through the situation.
Thank you for being dedicated to letting a TREMENDOUS amount of LOVE OUT, so you can create amazing people for the future.
Whether you are a parent, grandparent, or guardian YOU ARE a testimony that your courage, love, and commitment to parenting is the gift we all need to thrive. On behalf of our family at IDareU2Bee.com, we thank you for who you are!
Visit us again soon for more FREE tips, tools, and resources to transform your parenting experience and build kind families and kind kids.